Rules and Regulations
Note – Please refer to the game roster section for specific game rules
- Respect the people around you.
- No horseplay will be tolerated. Any one caught horse playing can and will be removed from the tournament.
- No smoking or alcohol beverages will be allowed inside the event area.
- Be on time. Not being present when your name is called for your turn to play will leave you subject to being disqualified from the tournament. Unless you are playing at another game.
- You are allowed to bring your own controller. This applies to all games that require a controller. C3 staff or other sponsors of the tournament are not responsible for any equipment of yours that is lost. Keep track of your possessions. We suggest name tags for your equipment however we not supply these tags.
- If your playing in multiple games throughout the tournament please provide notification to those officials running those games. Without notification you are subject to getting disqualified from that particular tournament.
- In the case that one player pauses the game, that player will automatically lose a round in that match. The only exception to this rule is if both players agree to the pause for some outside reason button configuration etc.
- Players, who enter once tournament brackets have been finalized, will NOT get a refund if they have to leave or decide they do not want to play the duration of their games.
- We are NOT responsible for any items that you lose at any of our events. Keep track of your own possessions
- No refunds will be given out once payment to a convention is completed
Universal Fighting Game Rules
- Double elimination or single elimination allowed
- Stages selection – both players must agree to a stage, if players are unable to come to an agreement. Stage must be chosen by random select.
- After a game has concluded, winner must stick with same char/team for the next game. Losers can change char/team and/or stage.
- Game breaking glitches are banned.
- Programmable controls are banned. Button macros (e.g. 1 button to perform 3 punches at once) are allowed.
- Turbo button features are NOT allowed.
- Pausing a game will result in forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive this option.
Seeding of players
Seeding of players for positions in brackets at C3 events will be based on the rankings earned by participating in C3 events i.e. online events and lan events. The top 4 players in a specific game will be seeded. Top 5 will be seeded if an online qualifier is available for that LAN event. In the result that a top seeded player is not present the remaining top seeded players will get bumped up to a higher position for that event. In the event that none of the top seeded players are preset the bracket will be random draw.
Money Pot Scenarios
C3 will perform two types of money pot scenarios:
- Bonus Pot Money
- Set Pot Money
Bonus Pot Money (BPM) is additional money which is added to initial money pot for a specific tournament.
Set Pot Money (SPM) is a guarantee that players will be competing for at least a set amount of money in the pot at the event. Events that have Set Pot Money must have at least 8 participants / teams in order for the tournament to commence.
Use of other headsets at C3 events
The use of any headsets other than VIBRAS.FIVE.ONE headsets on any C3 equipment is prohibited. Those who try to use any other headset within a C3event will be present with a warning then after they will not be allowed to play on any C3 equipment for the remainder of the event.
Use of wireless controllers
Wireless controllers are allowed in tournament as long as the following is done:
- You must complete un-sync your controller from the system you have been playing on
- You must turn off your controller
Note: Prize money will be awarded in cash or checks
- Single Player Games
- Under 100 per player top 3 (1st – 60%, 2nd – 30%, 3rd – 10%)
- 100-200 per player top 6 (1st – 50%, 2nd – 25%, 3rd – 15%, 4th – 5%, 5th – 2.5%, 6th – 2.5%)
- 200+ per player top 8 (1st – 45%, 2nd – 22.5%, 3rd – 10%, 4th – 7.5%, 5th – 5%, 6th – 5%, 7th – 2.5%, 8th – 2.5%)
- Team Games
- Under 32 per team top 3 (1st – 60%, 2nd – 30%, 3rd – 10%)
- 64 per team top 6 (1st – 40%, 2nd – 30%, 3rd – 15%, 4th – 5%, 5th – 5%, 6th – 5%)
- 128+ per team top 8 (1st – 30%, 2nd – 20%, 3rd – 15%, 4th – 10%, 5th – 10%, 6th – 5%, 7th – 5%, 8th – 5%)